Neem Dandruff Remedies
Dandruff is a very common problem of hair and scalp in which the dry flakes of skin or dandruff fall from the scalp that some times get accumulated on the forehead or face leading to further problem. Apart from this itching associated with dandruff is the major cause of embarrassment as well as inconvenience. Dandruff if not taken care of can lead to hair fall. In some other cases dandruff starts affecting the skin Hence it is imperative to treat dandruff right from the beginning to curb the associated problems.
Types of Dandruff
Type of dandruff depends upon the kind of skin. This differ from dry to oily skin.
- Dry Dandruff for Dry Skin
- Oily Dandruff for Oily Skin
The kind of dandruff home remedy selected depends upon the type of dandruff but the oily one is bit difficult to treat as there are more chances of its recurrence than the dry dandruff.
- Wrong food intake and constipation lead to dandruff. The dandruff is the result of toxic substances produced in the body by these chemicals.
- Dandruff is easily caused by any kind of mental stress.
- If you are exposed to extremes of temperature and weather conditions then you may get affected by dandruff. Also the use of harsh shampoos and too many chemicals causes the dandruff.
- Also our scalp has special type of fungus that by some is regarded as the cause of dandruff. Initially fungus is present in a very small amount but with the infection it increases in amount leading to dandruff.
Dandruff Remedies and Home Remedies
Dandruff and Neem - Home Remedies
- Neem leaves since long time are considered very beneficial for the hair growth and to get rid of dandruff.
- Neem oil is very beneficial to control dandruff. First of all boil neem leaves in water and then use this water to wash your hair to get rid of dandruff.
- Alternatively you can also boil neem leaves in coconut oil. After boiling restrain the neem leaves from the oil. To this oil add one lemon juice, castor oil (1/4th of the total quantity). Use this neem oil mixture for massaging your head. Massage with this oil is very beneficial as it will keep the dandruff as well as lice away.
- Also many types neem oil are available in the market. If you do not have too severe dandruff then you can put few drops of it in your shampoo while shampooing. But in case of excessive dandruff, you first will have to massage your head with oil, keep it overnight and go for the washing.
- Neem oil is an excellent hair conditioner. Use this to see the results.
Other Dandruff Home Remedies
- Keep your hair and scalp clean so that dandruff or dryness does not get accumulated on the first stance only.
- Try not to tie your hair when wet as wetness leads to the growth of dandruff.
- You can apply lemon peel on your scalp and let it rest for 15-20 mins. Now wash your hair with lukewarm water. You will get rid of dandruff with this. Lemon extract has certain chemicals that prevent the growth of dandruff. You can also rinse your hair with teaspoon lemon juice at the end of the bath.
- Once in a weak apply the paste of lemon juice and fuller's earth to get rid of dandruff. This is one of the best dandruff home remedies as very effective. With lemon juice the sebum breaks down so the excessive dead cells will be removed.
- Mix two tablespoon of gram powder in half cup of curd. Apply this mixture on hair once in a week and wash it with water.
- Beet roots is also very effective to get rid of dandruff. Boil the top and root of the beet in water and every night massage your scalp with this water. This is a good ayurvedic treatment for dandruff.
- Apply juice of snake gourd over the scalp and it is one of the dandruff remedies.
- Curd has special place in dandruff home remedies. Keep the curd in open for at least three days and massage your scalp with this. Wash after 15 min.
- For the consecutive five days eat fruits but avoid citrus fruits, tinned or dried fruits and banana.
- Avoid pickled and processed food.
- Comb to increase blood circulation of the scalp and keep the scalp clean.